Swim Alberta Association (SNC) Call for Nominations for the Swim Alberta Board of Directors 2018-2021
Swim Alberta Association (SNC) is seeking nominations for the Board of Directors of Swim Alberta. Swim Alberta is the governing body for competitive swimming in the province of Alberta. We are seeking qualified individuals who are passionate about the mandate of Swim Alberta, can embrace our values of excellence, integrity, innovation and collaboration and are looking for a rewarding volunteer role with a progressive provincial sport organization.
Nominees must be willing to serve on the Board for a minimum of 3 years (September 2018 – September 2021). Nominees must meet all criteria as outlined in the Swim Alberta Board Eligibility and Determination Policy. The following attributes are required:
- Visionary – able to see Swim Alberta in broad terms as part of the sport sector
- Strategic – able to contribute to the development and execution of Swim Alberta’s strategic plans
- Communication skills – ability to share ideas and influence others
- Strong understanding of the sport system – including an understanding of the sport of swimming and the work that takes place at the provincial level
- Attitude of appreciative inquiry
- Clear understanding of the role of governance vs operational aspects of the organization.
- Previous board experience
For this upcoming term, Swim Alberta is also seeking individuals who have specific skills in:
- Human Resources
- Government Relations
Nominations must be received by 4:30 pm MDT, July 31st, 2018. Please submit a cover letter outlining the attributes above and a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Nominations Committee.
- Expression of Interest/Nominations received by July 31st, 2018
- Meetings with prospective board candidates conducted by August 30th, 2018
- Presentation of the recommended nominations at the Annual General Meeting on September 29th, 2018
Board Member Role Description
Link to Swim Alberta Board Eligibility and Determination Policy
Links to Strategic Plan and Bylaws can be found on the Swim Alberta website