Swim Alberta is seeking a highly organized individual with program planning and communication skills who has a demonstrated ability to deliver programs and services while working collaboratively with members and stakeholders.
The skills and attributes you would bring to the position include:
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal with experience engaging stakeholders and members
- Experience working with and in Social Media applications
- The ability to plan and implement programs and events
- Self-organizer with effective time management and organizational skills as well as an ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals.
You will have a related degree or diploma sport administration, non-profit studies or communication with 1 – 2 years of related experience. You will have a strong understanding of the Canadian sport system and previous experience working within it.
Swim Alberta is the governing body for competitive swimming in the province of Alberta. We embrace employees who value excellence, integrity, innovation and collaboration and who believe strongly in our vision: “Every swimmer has the opportunity to reach their full potential”; and our mandate of “Govern, lead and support competitive swimming”. The organization supports 50 Year Round swim clubs, 50 Summer Swim clubs, 15 Masters clubs, 10,000+ swimmers, 4500 officials and 650+ registered coaches.
As the Program and Engagement Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Working in conjunction with the Sport Development Director, supporting the planning, communication and implementation of provincial camps, tour teams and coach education.
- Promoting the sport of swimming and increasing the awareness of Swim Alberta and its programs and services to both members and the broader community through news articles and engagement opportunities through social media, training etc.
- Liaise and create opportunities to engage with affiliated clubs to promote membership services.
- Providing leadership to projects and programs as it pertains to officials education and development in the province and working directly with the Alberta Officials and Competition Committee.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special events and meetings including the Swim Alberta Conference and AGM.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Swim Alberta is located in Edmonton and this position will be based out of the Swim Alberta office.
Deadline for applications is Monday, April 1, 2019. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Executive Director, Swim Alberta
Email: email@example.com Swim Alberta reserves the right to exercise due diligence and call upon additional references to supplement those provided by the applicant. The position description is available. While we thank all applicants for their interest only those selected for an interview will be contacted, beyond receiving acknowledgement of receipt of your application.