Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity to develop your career with an organization that values “Excellence, Integrity, Innovation and Collaboration”? Are you interested in working with an organization that provides leadership to advance sport and swimming at all levels of involvement? Then join Swim Alberta and help us to achieve our vison of “every swimmer has the opportunity to reach their full potential” through our mission to “govern, lead, and support competitive swimming.”
Swim Alberta is the provincial governing body for competitive swimming in Alberta. Under our umbrella of supervision are Swimming Canada registered clubs and swimmers (year-round) and Alberta Summer Swimming Association registered clubs and swimmers, combined for over 11,000 swimmer members across competitive, pre-competitive and masters swimming.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Swim Alberta Board of Directors is currently inviting applications for an experienced leader to join our team as Executive Director.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, be a significant contributor to, and otherwise oversee the development and delivery of quality programs and services, in a way that produces results in alignment with our vision, mission, and strategic directions:
- Provide programs, services, and support to maximize all aspects of competitive swimming,
- Lead and inspire a culture of professionalism, and
- Create growth and life-long opportunities through an inclusive membership
- Community / Membership Engagement
- Strategic & Operational Planning
- Programming – Grassroots to High Performance
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Canadian Sport System
- Resource and Management Planning (financial & human)
- Strategic Leadership
- Influencing & Leading Others
- Stakeholder & Relationship Management
- Innovative Thinker
Salary Range: $90,000 – $120,000; Full benefits including a RRSP contribution program
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, with at least three work related references, preferably by email, to Patti Clarkson (Selection Committee Chair) at email@example.com by October 26, 2021 (deadline extended).
** Please be advised that the Selection Committee reserves the right to exercise due diligence and call upon additional references to supplement those provided by applicants.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted, beyond receiving acknowledgement of receipt of their applications.