Swim Alberta is inviting applications for the Program Administrator. This is a summer contract position from 1 May - 30 August 2019. The successful candidate will provide support and coordination to technical programs and events of Swim Alberta. The successful candidate will work out of the Swim Alberta office, which is located at 11759 Groat Road in Edmonton. The position will require some travel.
Swim Alberta is the governing body for competitive swimming in the province of Alberta. We embrace employees who value excellence, integrity, innovation and collaboration and who believe strongly in our vision of “Every swimmer has the opportunity to reach their full potential” and our mission of Govern, Lead, and Support Competitive Swimming. The organization supports 50 year round swim clubs, 55 summer swim clubs, over 10,000 swimmers, 6000 officials and 700 coach members.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize and implement the Alberta Summer Swimming Association All Stars Program
- Provide support to the planning and implementation of the Swim Alberta Summer Provincial Championships
- Coordination and administration of Alberta Summer Swimming Association Registrations, Competition Approval, and providing support to the ASSA Provincial Competition
- Administration of the Swim Alberta and Alberta Summer Swimming Association Records programs
- Coordinate and promote the My First Races Swim Program
- Provide support to the initial planning for the Swim Alberta Conference including sourcing of conference delegate supplies and materials.
- Sourcing of supplies and materials for Swim Alberta Festivals.
- Program supplies inventory.
- Scanning and electronic filing of Swim Alberta historical documents.
- Support office management functions of Swim Alberta
- Program planning and implementation
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills – database management, Microsoft office platform
Start Date: 1 May 2019 – Full time. This is a summer temporary position to 30 August 2019.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week; 8:30-4:30 pm, some evening and weekends may be required.
Rate of Pay: $18-$20/hour depending on experience
Please submit applications electronically to: Val Carr, Member Services Manager at: email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, 4 March 2019 4:00 pm or until a suitable candidate is found. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.