Swim Alberta's vision is to ensure that every swimmer has the opportunity to reach their full potential. Our mission is to govern, lead, and support competitive swimming.
Swim Alberta's Newcomer Grant will provide four (4) newcomers with grant support for one season with a Swim Alberta affiliated club. There are four (4) $1,000 awards to be given out to grant applicants.
Grants will be reviewed and awarded based on the following priority:
- One (1) grant will be awarded to the 8-10 age category.
- One (1) grant will be awarded to the 11-15 and over age category.
- The remaining two (2) grants will be awarded on a first come first serve basis until August 15, 2023.
Who qualifies as a newcomer?
- A newcomer qualifies as a youth swimmer born outside of Canada who is now a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident residing in Alberta.
- The individual arrived in Canada between January 2021 to January 2023.
- The individual is a registered member with a club affiliated with Swim Alberta or Alberta Summer Swimming Association.
Allowable Grant Expenses & Payment:
Swim Alberta's Newcomer Grants are intended to be used to support an athlete by providing flexibility and removing training and competition barriers.
- Allowable expenses include equipment, translator support, club fees, competition fees, and/or travel fees associated with competition.
- Payment will be made directly to the swimmer's club to help support the athlete with their expenses as outlined above.
- Participants will be required to submit a report on August 31, 2023, with a breakdown of the expense and cost associated with the grant.
- A fillable reporting form can be accessed on Swim Alberta’s website.
- *Fillable reporting form coming soon.
How to Apply:
- Grant applicants will be expected to fill out Swim Alberta's Newcomer Grant application form, which is located on the Swim Alberta website.
- Applications can be submitted by a swimmer or by a club representative, such as a coach.
- Swim Alberta also requires a letter from the applicant's Club President and a cover letter expressing why they should be selected for this year's grant.
APPLICATION PERIOD: MAY 10, 2023 - AUGUST 15, 2023
For more information, please contact Ella Milloy at email@example.com.
Share this Post