The Alberta Summer Swimming Association (ASSA) is a not-for-profit organization providing summer swimming programming for individuals of all ages.
Role of the ASSA:
- Promote competitive swimming.
- Establish rules and regulations to foster consistency and the equitable operation of clubs.
- Plan and fund the provincial swim meet
- Maintain provincial records set by members of the ASSA.
Goals of the ASSA:
- To provide guidance to clubs.
- To promote consistent officiating at meets.
- To promote good sportsmanship and fun at meets.
- To promote, foster, teach, and perpetuate the sport of swimming and to encourage training for competition, self-development, leadership, and sportsmanship
To promote swimming as a means of a healthy exercise and as a means of improving the physical fitness of young people.
Share this Post